The Two Juice Smoothie, is one of my favorite fruit smoothies of all time. This smoothie has so much nutritional benefit! Besides all the soluble and insoluble fiber (lowers cholesterol, helps with the absorption of vitamins and minerals and keeps you full longer), this smoothie is packed full of…
- Vitamin C – Immune boosting and prevents infection by protecting the cells from free radicals. Free radicals cling to healthy cells and causes chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- Potassium – Helps your heart beat normally and keeps your muscles working the way they are supposed to.
- Vitamin K – Helps to clot your blood.
- Vitamin A – Protects your eyes and helps to prevent age-related macular degeneration, a condition that leads to blindness.
- Flavonoids aka Vitamin P – Lowers your risk of heart disease and stroke. It also reduces your risk of certain types of cancer.
- And in the beautiful world of Ginger– It has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a valuable tool for joint pain and other chronic inflammatory diseases. It is also one of the best natural remedies for motion sickness and nausea.
So there you have it folks, why wouldn’t you want to enjoy all of these benefits. Although this is great as a smoothie, you can also juice it. The only thing missing would be the fiber. Its just as beneficial because your digestive system doesn’t have to work as hard to break down the food and absorb the nutrients. This is especially helpful if you have a sensitive digestive system or illness that inhibits your body from processing fiber.
Ok, one last thing! You really want a high speed blender to get a smoother consistency…I highly recommend the Vitamix. They have reconditioned ones on their website that are much more affordable than buying brand new…and for a juicer I highly recommend and low RPM masticating juicer, because they extract juice from even the most dry vegetables…my personal favorite is the VRT350. Ok, now on to the recipe 🙂
Two Juice Smoothie
1 inch ginger