Tylenol aka acetaminophen (generic drug name) is known to reduce pain and fever. It is also now being researched and strongly associated with “reducing a potent antioxidant called glutathione in the lungs and blood, which results in damage to the lung tissue. Glutathione is produced by the body (it is a combination of three amino acids: cysteine, glycine and glutamine) and is referred to as the “mother” of all antioxidants by Dr. Mark Hyman MD.” see article here
It seems that most pediatricians recommend baby Tylenol for many things like, teething or a toothache, fever or just good ole general pain. I wonder if this could be the potential cause of all the upper respiratory issues our children are having today? And now that I think about it, I’ve actually heard people say “I’ve had asthma all of my life, every since I was a baby.” How is that possible? Asthma, isn’t something that is inherited genetically!
Don’t like what’s being said? Yeah, me either…so here are some alternatives:
- Lots of fluids to ward of dehydration and help the body flush the illness. We stick to water, herbal teas like chamomile, peppermint, or catnip.
- Double doses of Fermented Cod Liver Oil, which seems to greatly reduce the duration of the illness and also gives the ill person important immune boosting nutrients. We use capsules for adults and gel for kids who can’t swallow pills. I also give this daily to all family members to help boost immune function so the body is ready to handle illness more quickly.
- Probiotics- You’ve probably heard the saying “All disease begins in the gut” and I give probiotics to support immune and gut health. We take these all the time, but especially during illness.
- Homemade elderberry syrup to boost immune function and make the ill person more comfortable. Here’s a recipe to make your own much less expensively than store bought options.
You can see more alternatives on Wellness Mama
- Cloves – Cloves are known for their ability to relieve a toothache. Clove oil is very potent and should be diluted before using it on your baby. It can be diluted in a carrier oil such as olive oil and then rubbed on the gum.
- Teething Necklaces – When worn around baby`s neck the gentle warming of an amber necklace releases succinic acid into the skin. Succinic acid is known to accelerate the healing of wounds, ease muscle pains, reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach, reduce/prevent respiratory disease, decrease colic symptoms, reduce acid reflux, reduce eczema and improve heart, liver, kidney, and intestinal function.Hazelwood has the medicinal property of neutralizing the body’s acidity, relieving ulcers, acid reflux, heartburn, teething, skin problems (psoriasis, eczema, acne), arthritis, constipation, migraines, and dental cavities. Like amber, it is worn around the neck of the baby and the active ingredient is absorbed into the skin.
You can see more alternatives on Natural News
What you don’t know can actually hurt you. So now that you are in the know, what are you gonna do about it?