Yaass!!! One of my favorite juices…the beets earthy flavor with the carrots sweet taste and lastly the celery, it equalizes the bold beat/carrot mixture..yummy! Not to mention of course, its super healthy and needs to be on the list of priorities for those who have anemia. You know us women, with our monthly cycle, could benefit from something besides a pill or that disgusting liquid iron supplement to build our blood back up! So I introduce to you…..(drum roll)……Beet Juice!
1 red beet
4 celery stalks
– this makes about 16oz juiced (and of course, I despise pulpy juice…so I strained) 🙂
Benefits of Beets:
- Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones (hence a natural Viagra)
- High in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine and folic acid…just to mention a few. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
- Great tonic for the liver, cleanses the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer.
- Contains betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being, similar to chocolate. Beets can also lower your blood pressure.
- Gives you energy due to the the high sugar content, but no need to worry, the sugar is released slowly into you system gradually as opposed to chocolate
- Still not convinced, well take a look at THIS
Benefits of Carrots:
- High amounts of antioxidants
- Cardiovascular benefits by protecting the cardiovascular system from the highly oxygenated blood found in the arteries. Too much oxygen causes high levels of free radicals, that are critical to your health (we’ll take about free radicals in a separate post).
- Most of you know one of the benefits of carrots, related to vision…so I won’t bore you with that info, just know this to is true.
- Anti-cancer benefits too
Benefits of Celery:
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases cholesterol
- It stimulates urination. Therefore, celery is good for people with bladder disorders, kidney problems, cystitis, and other similar conditions. Celery seeds also assist in preventing urinary tract infections in women.
- Celery is great for people suffering from arthritis, rheumatism and gout. It had anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce swelling and pain around the joints.
- Prevents Cancer
- Supports weight loss
- Celery is rich in vitamin C, which greatly boosts the strength of the immune system.
Now the only way I’ve made this is by juicing. Perhaps you can blend as well, just make sure you have a high speed blender, chop the veggies up and add water…please comment below and let me know how you liked it, or even share your favorite beet juice recipe :-*