Time and tide wait for none and so do the aging signs. Due to aging, the elastin and collagen structure of the skin loses elasticity and the skin loses some of its self-moisturizing components making it appeared loose and saggy. Plus, age can make the facial muscles weak, which also contributes to saggy skin.
In addition to aging, skin can lose its elasticity because of excessive exposure to harmful sun rays, excessive smoking, regular intake of alcoholic beverages, obesity, pregnancy, rapid weight loss, a poor diet, use of wrong skin care products, dehydration and use of harsh chemicals on the skin.
Along with sagging skin, you may also notice an increase in wrinkles and fine lines, especially on your face. Skin may also look paler and more translucent, and it may become more sensitive.
There are some natural home remedies that can help tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, arms and breasts.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for sagging skin.
- Egg White: Egg whites are a natural astringent and hence work as a good remedy for sagging skin. Its skin-nourishing ingredient hydro lipids help lift loose skin.
- Whisk one to two egg whites until you get a foamy texture. Apply it to the face and neck. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Another options is to add one tablespoon of plain yogurt to one egg white and whisk it. Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
*You can use either of these remedies twice a week to enjoy firm, radiant skin.
2. Lemon: The vitamin C in lemon helps boost collagen production. This in turn helps restore elasticity to your skin. Plus, lemon has astringent properties that help tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
- Extract some fresh lemon juice and rub it gently on your face and neck. Leave it on for five to 10 minutes and then rinse your face with water. Do this two or three times a day and follow up with a good-quality moisturizer.
- You can also add the juice of half a lemon to a cup of cold water. Splash this mixture on your freshly washed face. Allow the lemon water to air dry on your face. Follow this remedy once or twice daily for best results.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is best when it comes to firming and tightening loose skin. The malic acid in aloe vera gel helps improve the elasticity of your skin and get rid of sagging skin. Plus, it is a natural moisturizer for your skin.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and smear it on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy several times a week.
- Another option is to mix together one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and one teaspoon each of mayonnaise and honey. Apply this on your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and then splash some cold water. Do this once a week.
4. Cucumber: To tighten loose and saggy skin, you can also use cucumber. It is one of the best natural skin toners and has a refreshing and rejuvenating effect on skin.
- Grind half a cucumber and squeeze it through a strainer to extract its juice. Apply this juice on your face and leave it on until it dries. Rinse it off with cool water. Follow this remedy once daily.
- You can also combine one tablespoon each of grated cucumber and plain yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat several times a week.
- You can also make a face mask with two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, one egg white and three to five drops of vitamin E oil. Apply this mask on your face and neck, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Use this mask once a week.
5. Oil Massage: Massaging your face and neck with a natural oil like olive oil helps tighten loose skin to keep it firm and smooth. Olive oil has antioxidants like vitamins A and E that render anti-aging benefits. It will also help keep your skin well moisturized.
- Slightly warm some extra-virgin olive oil in the microwave. Apply this oil on your face. Massage gently with your fingertips in circular motions for 10 minutes. Follow this remedy once daily before going to bed.
- You can also use avocado, coconut, grapeseed, jojoba or almond oil to massage your face, neck, arms and legs.
6. Honey: Honey has natural hydrating, antioxidant and anti aging properties that are helpful for treating sagging skin.
- Mix two to three teaspoons of honey and a few drops each of lemon juice and olive oil. Apply it on your face and neck, let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this once or twice daily for best results.
- You can also mix together one-half tablespoon each of honey and sour cream. Then mix in one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on your face for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then splash some cold water. Use this face mask once a week.
And Don’t forget to take a look at my DIY recipes to add to your daily regimen