The REAL V8 Juice
This is a fresh natural version of the old V8 we all knew growing up
4 Carrot Sticks
3 Stalks of Celery
1/2 Beet root
2 Florets of Broccoli
Handful of Watercress
Handful of Cilantro
This juice is pack with vitamins, minerals and veggie flavor! I’ve made it without the watercress (because I couldn’t find any) and it tasted just fine. Heres what you get in the veggie packed juice…
- A has good source of Vitamins A (can improve vision and help prevent night blindness) C, K, folate, calcium and potassium.
- Provides thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus and copper.
- Protects against high blood pressure, high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease.
- The lycopenes’ in tomatoes also makes skin less sensitive to UV light damage, a leading cause of fine lines/wrinkles and improve bone mass, which is a great way to fight osteoporosis. The lycopene in tomatoes also reduces the risk of several cancers, including prostate, cervical, mouth, pharynx, throat, esophagus, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Tomatoes’ antioxidants (vitamins A and C) fight the free radicals which can cause cell damage.
- Tomatoes are a very good source of chromium, which helps to regulate blood sugar.
- Recent research shows that consuming tomatoes may help reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- The vitamin A found in tomatoes works to make hair strong and shiny.
- Can help prevent kidney stones and gallstones. Some studies suggest that kidney and gall stones are less likely to form in people who eat tomatoes without the seeds.
- Tomatoes are high in bioflavonoids and carotenoids, which are known anti-inflammatory agents, therefore can reduce chronic pain.
- Reduced cholesterol
- Prevention from heart attacks
- Wards off of certain cancers, notably lung cancer
- Improving vision
- Reduces the risk of stroke by 68%, if one is eaten daily
- Decreases blood pressure
- Reducing the signs of premature aging Furthermore
- Increase the health of your skin
- Boost the immune system
- Improve digestion
- Increase cardiovascular health
- Detoxify the body
- Good source of antioxidant agents. Furthermore, carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases cholesterol
- It stimulates urination. Therefore, celery is good for people with bladder disorders, kidney problems, cystitis, and other similar conditions. Celery seeds also assist in preventing urinary tract infections in women.
- Celery is great for people suffering from arthritis, rheumatism and gout. It had anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce swelling and pain around the joints.
- Prevents Cancer
- Supports weight loss
- Celery is rich in vitamin C, which greatly boosts the strength of the immune system.
- Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones (hence a natural Viagra).
- High in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine and folic acid…just to mention a few. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
- Great tonic for the liver, cleanses the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer.
- Contains betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being, similar to chocolate.
- Beets can also lower your blood pressure.
- Gives you energy due to the the high sugar content, but no need to worry, the sugar is released slowly into you system gradually as opposed to chocolate
- Cancer prevention, mainly gastric, cervical, breast and prostate cancer.
- It’s packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body.
- Stands out as the most concentrated source of vitamin C, plus the flavonoids necessary for vitamin C to recycle effectively.
- Powerful antioxidant with carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, other powerful antioxidants.
- Contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.
- May be able to prevent (or even reverse) some of the damage to blood vessel linings that can be caused by inflammation due to chronic blood sugar problems.
- Has special phytonutrients that support all steps in the body’s detox process, including activation, neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
- Like many vegetables, broccoli helps keep your whole body less acidic
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Lowers blood pressure
- Maintains healthy bones, due to the Vitamin K
- Watercress contains the antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower glucose levels and has also shown decreases in peripheral neuropathy or autonomic neuropathy in diabetics.
- Contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. Fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans, which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers.
- Cucumbers may help to “cool” the inflammatory response in your body
- Contains numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
- Supports heart health with potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels.
- May act as a mild laxative. It helps in calming the nerves, thus relieving anxiety and reducing the harmful effects of stress. By reducing anxiety and stress, cilantro helps in improving the quality of your sleep as it is a calming herb.
- It’s a remarkable heavy metal detoxifier or “chelation agent” as it has been found to remove heavy metals from the body.
- Has Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal Properties
- Flushes out toxins from the liver, kidney and digestive tract, it helps to remove excess bacteria from the body.
- Cilantro is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. It is rich in iron which is beneficial for people with lower haemoglobin levels and cures anaemia. Magnesium, on the other hand, facilitates proper functioning of the nervous system and strengthens the bones. Chewing of raw cilantro leaves is helpful for people suffering from bronchitis and asthma.
So there you have it folks! All kinds of benefits going on in the drink so try it out and feel good that your consuming good food for the mind, body and soul.