I hope everyone is enjoying the new year and I hope you’ve made a decision to be committed to better health. If so, that’s what Im here for..Im here to support you on your personal journey to a better you! I’ve been pretty busy in the kitchen today, but not for a long time. I was whipping these DIYers out like a pro, so I wanted to share the recipes with you…
DIY Lip Balm: This was super easy to make! I decided to make mine vanilla scented, kind-of subtle and light fragrance but you can use whatever EO (essential oil) you like. I think next time I’ll tint it with beet root and have a rose fragrance. This left my lips feeling so moisturized and hydrated minus all the chemicals!
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Bees wax
1 tsp honey
1 tsp coconut oil
7 drops any type of EO you like
– Lip Balm Tins or Lip Balm Tubes
In a small pot over medium low heat melt beeswax, coconut oil, and olive oil. Use chopstick or other small, long stick to stir.
Remove from heat and add honey and EO. Whisk well with chopstick and try to distribute oil throughout the mixture
Pour quickly into tins or jars. Let cool on counter till hard.
Source: Dr. Axe food is medicine
DIY Probiotic Toothpaste: Never thought to use my bentonite clay for a toothpaste! I know It makes a lovely face mask and Ive used it to get rid of poison ivy…but this clay has excellent ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins as well as to provide minerals. Another added bonus to this toothpaste is the probiotic! Probiotics help the immune system function by increasing the amount of “good” bacteria in the body, helping fight off bad organisms. They also can prevent and fight yeast and fungal infections. Orally, they protect the mouth, gums, teeth, and throat from the bad bacteria that cause inflamed tissue, decay and bad breath..Heeeyyy!
Mix all ingredients together
Put into rubber tube or sealed glass container (no metal containers)
Brush teeth for 2 minutes 2-3x daily
Source: Dr. Axe food is medicine
DIY Miracle Healing Salve: Love the ingredients in this one, particularly the EOs! Some of the many uses and benefits of this salve include using it as a hand and foot moisturizer, relieves nocturnal foot and muscle cramps, eliminates symptoms of eczema and psoriasis (with added drops, 5-10, of Tea Tree EO), use as an antiseptic ointment instead of Neosporin for cuts or abrasions, promotes healing of new scars, makeup remover and so much more…
1 Cup Coconut Oil (not fractionated) (a natural moisturizer and antibacterial)
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties)
5 Tbl. Organic Beeswax Pastilles
-To each 2 ounce jar add: (double if you are using 4 ounce Mason jars)
5 drops Lavender essential oil (natural antibiotic, antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and helps to prevent scarring)
5 drops Rosemary essential oil (antiseptic, and treats muscle aches)
5 drops Peppermint essential oil (anti-inflammatory and antiseptic)
a few drops of Vitamin E (optional)
*remember to add 5-10 drops of Tea Tree EO if your treating eczema or psoriasis
1. Put a pot of water on the stove to simmer. While the water is heating, put the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax pastilles in a heatproof jar or measuring cup.
2. Set the jar filled with the coconut oil, olive oil, and wax into the water and leave it there until it melts, giving it a stir from time to time. It could take 15 or 20 minutes depending on the temperature of the water.
3. While the ingredients are melting, drop your essential oils into each of the containers.
4. Pour the melted oils into each of the smaller jars containing essential oils. There is no need to stir because the oils will mix up on their own.
5. Cover the jars and set them aside for up to 24 hours. Although the salve will start to firm up within minutes, it takes at least 12 hours to complete the firming process.
Source: Wake Up World